Step 1: First, you will need to create a drop down that lists the possible rate deviations. To create the drop down box, select the “Configure” tab and then click on the Drop Downs category. Enter “Reason for Rate Deviation” into the free form field and save the new drop down box.
NOTE: If you are on manual validation or not integrated with a DMS, you should set this field to be required. If you are on auto validation, it is up to you if you want this field to be required. Since the data in this field is not populated in the DMS, setting this to a required drop down means that you will have to manually edit this field for all deals. If you set this to required, you will need to also deselect the "Locked on Input" checkbox.
Step 2: A new window will open up with a similar free-form box that you will add each of the following suggested reasons for rate deviation. The abbreviation will auto populate but it can be changed. When you have entered and saved all of the following reasons, click the X in the top right corner to close the window.
1 Reserve Limited by FIN Source
2 Payment Limited FIN Source
3 Cust Has Payment Constraint
4 Cust Has Equal/More Comp Rate
5 Special Promotional Offer
6 Inventory Reduction
7 No Deviation
NOTE: You may edit and/or add to this list of suggested categories.
Step 3: Build the report. Click on the Reports tab then click on the Create New Report button.
4. Choose Log Report from the drop down and click on the Next button.
5. Enter "Rate Deviation Report" for the name of the report and click on the Next button.
6. Choose the time frame for the deals in the report. It is recommended that you check the box next to "Prompt for this Setting each time the Report is run?" so you can specify this time frame each time you run the report. Click on the Next button.
7. Choose the page category you want for the report. The Page category will determine the display for each page break. It is recommended that you check the box next to "Prompt for this Setting each time the Report is run?" so you can specify this time frame each time you run the report. Click on the Next button.
8. If you want to exclude any data, uncheck the box of the data to exclude. Click on the Next button.
9. You can select or unselect the columns that will display on the report. Click on the Next button.
10. You can adjust how wide the columns will be in the report. Wider columns allow you to see more data. Click on the Next button.
11. Adjust the orientation and page size of the report if necessary. Click the Finish button to finish the report.
You are now able to run the report.