Welcome to the FordGo Overview!
Before you begin, you will need to install the FordGo app on your iPad and setup the FordGo settings in the Menu. For more information about this process, reference the “FordGo Installation and Setup” guide that was sent to you in the welcome email from Tail Light.
Using FordGo, your customers are able to see product infographics, see pricing, and make educated choices on what products are best for them.
To effectively utilize FordGo, first you will need to enter a deal in the Menu (via DMS integration or manual entry), rate the products, and calculate the transaction.
Open the FordGo app on your iPad and sign in by entering your username and password. This will be the same username and password used to access your other Tail Light applications.
The first screen you will see is a Dealership Utilization Dashboard. There are 4 columns of information available:
- Name – The dealerships in which you have access
- Total from Menu – This is the total number of deals that have been loaded into FordGo from the Menu.
- Table Initiated –There are two numbers in this column. First shown is the number of deals loaded into FordGo where “Begin” was initiated. The next number shows you the percentage of deals that have been initiated but not finalized.
- Complete –There are two numbers in this column. First shown is the number of deals loaded into FordGo where the deal was finalized. The next number shows you the percentage of deals that have been finalized.
Home Screen Options:
- The large area of the home screen will display your most recently loaded deal jackets
- Dealerships – Click here to go back to the list of dealerships in which you have access
- Search Bar – To find a deal, enter the jacket name or the deal number into the field. The jacket name is usually the name of the customer.
- List Icons – Toggle between viewing the deal jackets as blocks or in a list format
- Three Dot Navigation Stack – From here, you can send feedback to Tail Light, adjust the price and rebate display settings, or sign out
From the home screen, tap on a deal to begin the FordGo presentation. The details of the deal will appear. Check the details for accuracy. If you need to edit the details, tap on Edit in the top left corner. Any details you edit here will be pushed back into the Menu only if you refresh the tablet options there. At this point, you have two choices to begin the presentation. If you have already rated the products and want to allow your customer to complete the entire process, click on “BEGIN”. If you have not rated your products, or you want your customer to be forced to stop in the presentation before viewing prices, click on “BEGIN with PRIVACY”. In this example, we will show the presentation as “BEGIN”.
NOTE: If at any time you want to change the privacy of the presentation, tap on the three dot navigation stack and change the mode.
- Unlocked – All features of the presentation are available; most noteworthy being the magnifying glass search icon located at the top left corner of the screen, which takes you back to the home screen where all deals are listed
- Consumer – Disables the magnifying glass search icon; can be changed to Unlocked using your password
There are three sections of the deal jacket: Confirm, Choose, and Complete. To begin the presentation, tap the Confirm section.
The initial screen is divided into four sections: Buyer, Co-Buyer, Vehicle, and Trade-In. Your customer will need to review this information for accuracy and if changes are needed, tap on the Edit button. All changes made to these sections will be pushed back into the Menu only if you refresh the tablet options there. To move to the next screen, tap the arrow icon at the bottom right corner or swipe the screen left.
The next screen is a review of the previous price agreements chosen before the deal was opened in FordGo. Your customer will need to review this information for accuracy and if changes are needed, tap on the Edit button. All changes made to these sections will be pushed back into the Menu only if you refresh the tablet options there. To see the totals of each row, swipe left on the row. To move to the next screen, tap the arrow icon at the bottom right corner or swipe the entire screen left.
The next screen is the beginning of a series of questions that the customer can answer about income verification and funding, mileage and ownership, and maintenance. These questions will help determine what products may be best for them. You can view these answers in the Menu by clicking on the information icon located next to the refresh button in Tablet Options.
Individualize is divided into two sections: Transaction and Offerings. The Transaction section acts as a review of previously agreed prices, but can be edited if necessary. There is the addition of the financing options that were set in the Menu, which can be seen at the bottom of the screen. NOTE: The customer has not chosen their financing option at this point; this is simply a summary of the options available.
The Offerings section shows the customer all the products available to them. They are all selected as a default. Also, below each product, is a breakdown of the monthly cost of the product based on what financing option they will eventually choose.
Tap on the product itself to be shown the product tile. You will see the product description and an infographic about what the product covers. You can edit the product price by tapping on the price itself. Swipe left to move on to viewing the next product available.
If the customer decides they do not want a certain product, there are multiple ways to unselect the product.
- While viewing the product description, they can tap on “Included”. The bar will change to “Add Now” and the product will be unselected.
- From the Offerings screen, they can tap on “Included”. The bar will change to “Add Now” and the product will be unselected.
- From the Offerings screen, they can tap on the checkmark icon and the product will be unselected.
- You can refresh the page to revert back the default selections by tapping on the Refresh icon.
The default product option in Individualize is the FordGo option that you created as you were setting up FordGo in the Menu. If you want to switch to a different option, tap the options icon and then tap the option to select it.
The Complete section is essentially a summary of the transaction. It displays the coverages that were both accepted and excluded. The financing options are displayed at the bottom of the screen. Only the first two financing options from the Menu will be shown. At this point in the transaction, if a customer decides that they want to change their product selections, just tap on the product. The Finalize button will become an Update button that you can tap to update and save any changes.
Once a customer chooses their financing option, the product price per month will be shown. Now, you can click on the Finalize button for the Accept section to appear.
Have the customer sign in the box provided and tap on the Accept button. A Thank You screen will appear. Tap the Done button.
You can view the transaction record in FordGo. From the home screen, find the deal jacket and tap on the three dot navigation stack. Tap on the page icon to view the transaction record.
To finish your deal, go back to the Menu and click on the Tablet Options refresh icon. This will refresh the deal in The Menu and allow you to print a record of the transaction after you click Calculate. This record acts as your disclosure. At this point, you can complete the Menu process and finish your deal.