The first step is to set up an API Method, which will allow our Menu application to pull deals from DealerTrack.
- Add the API Method in OpenTrack.
- Select the desired method from the list of available methods.
- Select a vendor from the list of certified vendors.
- Enter today's date in MMDDYY format.
- Leave the Access Ends field blank and click on 'OK'.
The second step is to set up a Scheduled Job, which will allow our Reporting application to retrieve deals from DealerTrack to create reports. You will need to know your Dealertrack Enterprise Code and Company Number.
- Add a Scheduled Sales Job with Ristken as the vendor and choose for the job to run 'Daily'.
- Complete the job parameters by right-clicking on each one and keying in the proper value: TERMS = YES; DAYS = 30; ACCPT DEAL = YES; CUST INFO = YES
- Enter a name for the file. We recommend your "Enterprise Code_Company Code_" (ex. YY_XXX_)
- Key in the following: IP Address = ftp.tldata.us; User ID = arkona; Password = ftarkonap
- Accept the defaults for Send Passive and Send Binary. Press Enter to add the scheduled job.
- Right-click on 'Manual' and change it 'Automatic'.
- Right-click on the job and choose Run.
The last step in this process is to send an email to Support@taillight.com and include the following information:
- Your DealerTrack Enterprise Code
- Your DealerTrack Company Code
- The File Name of Scheduled Job that you set up